05.04.2010

Oyakodonbori!

Okay, finally I made this and got posting time!
So!?
You want to learn how to make Oyakodonbori? Well enjoy my little guide!

(Due to a photobucket fuck up the pictures might look a little odd and chopped off D: I do not know how to fix it, but clicking on them should take you to the full view if needed!)

What you will need: (1 person!)
Rice (I use around 1~1.5 cups of rice)
Pot for sauce
Pan
Knife
Something to turn the chicken with and stir the eggs
A tablespoon
Three eggs (I like a lot of eggs, less can be used if desired!)
Boneless chicken (around 200 grams, more or less according to taste and I prefer working with chicken breast, but anything goes as long as it is boneless)
One leek
Some dashi (fish thingy, can be left out. It is the little red thing in the pan on the picture)
2~3 tablespoons of soy (again a matter of taste, I like my soya!)
1~1.5 tablespoons of Mirin or port wine. (I do not have any mirin so I use port wine! This can also be left out, but I would not recommend it, the taste gets a little plain without it!)
1 tablespoon of sugar.

Now to the sauce!: (the order does not really matter here, you can start with the soya or the port wine if you like!)


On medium to high heat. Put one tablespoon of sugar into the pot.


The amount of dashi I use, you should use around 1~2 grams but I just improvise at this point XD It feels like 2 grams for me ;D

After adding dashi, it looks like a heart!

Add the port wine/mirin!

And the soy! 8D


Okay! Now you just let this simmer until the sugar has dissolved! While the sauce is cooking, I start to prepare the other stuff!


Cut the leek! I use around 3/4 of the leek but again, it is all about personal taste! Use more or less if you want to.

The cut the chicken into bite sized pieces!

Now you put the pan on medium heat! Add the sauce to the pan.
Here I usually wait just some minutes so the pan is warm, that makes the cooking go just a little faster!

Add the chicken and leek. I put the chicken at the bottom so the leeak will not get as much heat as the chicken, and thus still be a little firm.


Turn the chicken after some minutes. Be sure that you have cooked the chicken to the 'done' stage! I sometimes cut through the biggest pieces of chicken to check if it is raw inside, if it is not then you are ready for the next step!

Add the eggs! At this point I stir the eggs around a little just as I put it into the pan, then wait a little, and then stir again. Then you wait until the eggs got the texture you want!

While the eggs cook, put some rice in a bawl and add the eggs and chicken to the rice when it is done cooking!

And done!
You can season it with some dried seaweed if you like ^^

This is a dish that can be used for lunch or a light dinner 8D
It tastes good both warm and cold, and it is a very popular dish among children!
In this meal you would consume under 800 calories (according to my cooking book)

I hope it was helpful, and just ask if you are in doubt!

5 kommentarer:

  1. Lovely guide :3!
    think im gonna make this some time soonish xD

    SvarSlet
  2. Wee XD It is really easy to make, and it only takes about... 20 minutes or so if you do not hurry xD (that is without considering the time it takes to cook the rice XD)

    SvarSlet
  3. .. O__O OMG looks so.. YUMMY!!!! QwQ *have to try it out one day* <3
    thanks for ze guide ;3;

    SvarSlet
  4. Oh yea! I thought about this: You should write how long it takes to make. You said in another post that you'd make more of these posts so just thought I'd say that to you :3

    SvarSlet